The Biopharmaceutical Advancement Facility (BAF) is a translational core facility located at IBBR Shady Grove that specializes in the development of cell culture-based biopharmaceutical products. BAF is part of the Biotechnology Research and Education Program of the University of Maryland’s Technology Enterprise Institute (MTECH) The BAF is closely aligned with the Bioprocess Scale-Up Facility located in College Park.
The facility's staff members offer extensive expertise in addressing challenging problems with the advancement of anchorage-dependent or suspension-adapted cell lines. The facility is not restricted by current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs); however, production processes are directly transferable to partners operating under cGMPs. The facility offers quick turnaround and flexible contracting arrangements that can include specialized training or working with our staff in the facility.
BAF clients include
- Companies developing cell culture-based biopharmaceuticals or products
- Researchers looking for solutions to cell culture-based development challenges
- Faculty needing a facility for, or expertise in, biopharmaceutical or cell culture-based research
- Static and shaking incubators
- New Brunswick Scientific (NBS) Celligen 310 Bioreactors (working volume of 1.5, 2.5, 5.0,
and 10.0 liters)
- NBS Bioflow 5000 Mobile Pilot Bioreactor, 60 liter working volume
- Hollow Fiber and Tangential Flow Filtration Systems
Inquiries should be directed to
9600 Gudelsky Drive
Rockville, MD 20850